At the First Baptist Church of White Plains, we believe the greatest service we can offer is to share the gospel. Therefore we have partnered with missions efforts locally, nationally, and internationally to fulfill the mission first stated by Jesus Christ. Jesus plainly said:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.Matthew 28:19-20
Call 256-237-7849 for more information about upcoming missions opportunities.
Be a Mentor Opportunity
We all need Mentors! New converts, especially, need spiritual guidance. This program would involve making contact with your person at least once a week. You could text, send a card, call, visit – your choice, but please, if you commit to this ministry make sure you are willing to take time to do this. Be in prayer daily for your Person. This should continue for at least a year or longer. You will be provided a name, address, phone number, and email if all of these things are available.
- For more information on how to serve, please contact Deborah Burroughs, 256-310-7824 or email Drcb4@cableone.net
Anniston Soup Bowl
The Anniston Soup Bowl is committed to “Compassionately Feeding the Hungry.” The Soup Bowl operates out of Anniston, AL to feed anyone who needs a hot meal, Monday-Friday. Our church serves several times each year.
- For more information on how to serve, please contact Jeff or Connie Brooks (256) 435-4931.
Calhoun County Baptist Association: Baptist Service Center
The Baptist Service Center is committed to meeting the needs of people through food and clothing. The clients will also be led in a time of prayer. The goal is to meet the physical need, but the ultimate goal is to provide for spiritual needs.
- For more information on how to serve, please contact the Baptist Service Center Director, Janice Scheitlin at 256-237-5171 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FBCWP is committed to serving the Cleburne County Jail. Josh White serves as our pastor for this mission, but there are ways for everyone to be involved.
- Pen Pals: If you would like to write and share words of encouragement with current inmates, please see Annette Hinkle to find out how you can serve in this capacity.
- Donations: The jail is always in need of the following items… White clothing (L and XL shirts, socks, boxer shorts, panties, and thermal underwear), lined notebook paper, and bic pens
- If you would like to help worship services, please contact the Ruthie Snider to see how you can be involved.
Southern Baptist Association
The Disaster Relief mission provides help to victims of natural and man-made disasters, such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and terrorist attacks in North America and overseas. Through this program you will receive training in service opportunities ranging from chainsaw safety to child care.
- For more information on how to serve, please see Deborah Burroughs or John Kelley. You can also call the Calhoun Baptist Association at 256-237-5171.
Sav-A-Life is your local crisis pregnancy and family resource center. It is a life-affirming ministry that offers emotional and spiritual help to women affected by unplanned pregnancies. The Sav-A-Life mission is to help these women “choose life” for their babies and eternal life for themselves.
- For more information on how to serve, please contact Sav-A-Life at 256-237-9999.
Operation Christmas Child
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse. This Christmas tradition includes packing a shoebox full of goodies and shipping it around the world. As Franklin Graham says, “Every box is an opportunity to reach a child with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”
- Learn more about the Operation Christmas Child mission on the Samaritan’s Purse Website.
- Contact Pam Nichols at 205-369-9395 to learn how you can participate.
- Workdays and Updates for this mission will be posted here.
Loads of Love
Loads of Love is designed to meet people where they are by lending a helping hand. Through this ministry volunteers are needed to help do laundry at local laundromats, pray, and donate. This ministry needs laundry soap, dryer sheets, bleach, fabric softener, clothes hangers, quarters, and laundry baskets.
- For more information on how to serve, please contact Kim King at 256-294-6436.
Domestic/International Mission Trips
South Dakota Mission
Our mission is to support the Pine Ridge Baptist Church started by Rev. Ken and Sherry Trivett solely to minister to the Native Americans on the Pine Ridge Reservation. The church only exists through the work and financial support of numerous churches and mission boards. Our church has served in various capacities to help minister to this church family.
- For more information about this trip, please contact Doyle Jordan (256-473-6292) or email at email@example.com.
Dominican Republic Mission
We partner with Brother Gary Byrd and DayStar Ministries in La Vega, Dominican Republic. We serve for 7-10 days. Ministries can include: church construction, painting, street ministry, Vacation Bible School, visiting local schools, discipleship, and other needs that might arise while we are there. We also get to attend worship services and fellowship with the members of Brother Gary’s church. Lastly, before coming home, the group will have a day to relax and reflect.
- For more information about this trip, please contact Philip Smith or Charlie Hinkle.
This mission opportunity partners with Keith Screws to minister to the Zaramo People of Tanzania, Africa. These are an unreached people group in which most of them have never seen a white man. During this trip, we camp at night and visit villages by teams during the day. A large portion of the trip is spent talking and building relationships with the people of the villages. This is a life-changing experience. Seeing these people who have nothing and really do not have the opportunity to get anything is so humbling, and yet they long for conversation and to know about Jesus.
- For more information about this trip, please contact Eric Snider.